Monday, March 20, 2006

The Thursday Thief. Part V


(Roberto Matta, "El Ano de los Tres 000" - 2002)

“What day is it?” I ask Godswill.

“Hehehe, that’s the point kid” He holds a bowl of water to my mouth. I drink frantically to sooth the concrete cracking of my lips. He places the empty bowl down on the ground and The Shuffler shoves a little white pill into my mouth.

“Time to swallow, kid,” and he knocks me out with a ferocious hook to the jaw.

Hours or days pass as I wake intermittently to white pills, powders, drops of water, and heavy-metal hitting. I’m loosing track of time as I slip between this world and that of dreams.

“Skippy the Squirrel,” I mumble.

I kiss a young girl in the dark closet and slip into unconsciousness as the dominos come tumbling down.

... tap tap tap tap tap ding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home